CSK vs KKR Match Prediction and Betting Tips, IPL 2020
On October 25, Chennai Super Kings became the first team to be knocked out of the competition but they still have two more games to play. One of them is against Kolkata Knight Riders. Though it might not be an important game for CSK for this season but it is an absolute crucial game for KKR as they look to qualify for the playoffs. CSK is ready to spoil KKR’s party. A loss will badly affect KKR chances to make it to the last four.
Plenty of things have gone wrong for Chennai Super Kings this season, but still, they are playing their 13th match. Meeting in Dubai, CSK would like to make up for their worst season in the IPL history. Kolkata Knight Riders have all the chances to win the game. They are up against a week Chennai side who is already out of the competition. Eoin Morgan and his men have to play attacking cricket to win the game by some margin as net run-rate will play a huge role in determining the teams for the playoffs.
CSK vs KKR Toss Prediction
Bowling first is the viable option at the Dubai Cricket Stadium. With the dew factor in mind, teams would definitely opt for bowling first to help the dew-factor in their way.
The weather will be hot and dry which has been the norm in Dubai.
SRH scored 200+ in their last game at the Dubai pitch. However, as we are going into the last phase of the tournament, the pitch will be on the slower side and will offer more to spinners.
Chennai Super Kings Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
Chennai Super Kings became the first team to exit the tournament, which happened only the first time in the history of the game. That is mainly because they were not able to find the perfect combination from the start, which obviously happened for various reasons.
But since the team is eliminated now, they have a couple of matches left, they can try a few options. But they will most likely stick with their playing XI that won the match against RCB. After giving Shane Watson a long run at the top, they have finally dropped him for the remainder of the season.
CSK Key Players
- Ruturaj Gaikwad: Played his last match against RCB and scored an unbeaten fifty, Gaikwad is the force to reckon at the top. Coming into the side in place of Shane Watson and performed in the last match.
- Sam Curran: Sam Curran is the standout player for CSK this season. Performing with the ball and bat, and with the form he is in, Curran will most likely to perform again for his team.
- Deepak Chahar: The second-highest wicket-taker for CSK in the season. Performed well at the start of the innings with his swing-bowling on most of the occasions, Chahar can provide CSK a good start again against KKR.
CSK Team Form
Chennai is out of the IPL so there is no pressure on them now. They won their last match against RCB and lost the previous match by ten wickets. The team is in on-and-off form and can beat any team on the day. Who knows, today is their day.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
1. Ruturaj Gaikwad, 2. Faf du Plessis, 3. Ambati Rayudu, 4. MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 5. N Jagadeesan, 6. Ravindra Jadeja, 7. Sam Curran, 8. Mitchell Santner, 9. Deepak Chahar, 10. Monu Kumar, 11. Imran Tahir
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News & Playing 11
KKR Team News
Kolkata Knight Riders are at 12 points with six wins and six losses. They are currently at 5th spot beneath KXIP who are also at 12 points. KKR would like to win both of their remaining matches with heavy margins since they also have a poor run-rate, and still they are not guaranteed a place in the playoffs. They would also want some results to go in their way too.
Andre Russell has been left out of the squad from the last three matches, which is mainly because of the knee injury. Their main-strike player is not been able to make a mark this season. Russell pulled out of the Lanka Premier League that suggests that he has not recovered from the injury yet and may miss the match against CSK.
KKR Key Players
- Shubman Gill: The highest run-scorer for the team needs to bring his top game to give the team a good start. With three half-centuries to his name, Gill remains to be a top force at the start to lead his side the victory.
- Sunil Narine: The mystery spinner has a big role to play tonight. With his explosive batting power and canny bowling, Narine can demolish the opposition single-handedly.
- Pat Cummins: The Australian fast bowler can turn the tables for his team. Though, he has not picked too many wickets this season but has been absolutely spot on with his deceptive and economical bowling. He can be the winning factor against CSK.
KKR Team Form
The team has lost the last match against KXIP but won against DC before. So, they are in good shape but each and every member of the team has to play a role for their season-defining match. One loss and you might be going home, so there is nothing to be left in the bag.
Kolkata Knight Riders Predicted Playing 11
1. Shubman Gill, 2. Nitish Rana, 3. Rahul Tripathi, 4. Dinesh Karthik (wk), 5. Eoin Morgan (capt), 6. Sunil Narine, 7. Pat Cummins, 8. Kamlesh Nagarkoti, 9. Lockie Ferguson, 10. Varun Chakravarthy, 11. Prasidh Krishna