DC vs MI Match Prediction and Betting Tips, IPL 2020
One of the anticipated matches of the tournament. At the half-way mark, the two teams were sitting at the top two spots. Now, MI is still at the top and is now guaranteed a top-two finish, while DC has been pushed to the third spot because of a poorer run-rate RCB. After the half-way mark, Delhi had seven wins from nine matches, but they still have seven wins in twelve matches now. A loss of momentum in the middle has caused some of the questions for the Delhi Capitals.
Mumbai Indians, on the other hand, are the confident team of the two having qualified for the playoffs already. They’ll be all ready to further complicate the situation for DC as the team is in red hot form. Winning their last match against RCB, MI can further demoralize a bit-down Delhi team.
DC vs MI Toss Prediction
Batting second is the easier option to chase the score and that has been the trend for most of the matches. The team will be opting to bowl first after winning the toss.
Hot and dry weather at the Dubai Cricket Stadium but the day match means the temperature will be on a much higher side.
The last couple of matches were high-scoring games. Though the pitch has been now about a month and a half old but another high-scoring game expected on a flat Dubai pitch.
Delhi Capitals Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
The second-best team for most part of the tournament. Delhi, in recent times, has seem to lost its winning momentum. The team looks in good shape but things are not going in their way at the moment. There is a struggling opening position, Prithvi Shaw, who started the tournament well but seems to lost form now, and Ajinkya Rahane are just not in form to help Shikhar Dhawan at the top. Dhawan has been in top form having freshly scored two hundreds but he is not finding a reliable partner.
Rishabh Pant and Marcus Stoinis are not in the best of the touches but can certainly turn things around for the team. Kagiso Rabada, who went wicketless last match for the first time in 25 matches, has to do well for the team. R Ashwin, Axar Patel all need to do well. Because if the team lost their next two matches, they’ll most probably be out of the competition.
DC Key Players
- Shikhar Dhawan: As other opening and middle-order batsmen are struggling, suddenly your role becomes more important. Dhawan must carry his form to score big in today’s match to give his team a big win.
- Shreyas Iyer: You look to your captain in most desperate times and these are desperate times for DC. Shreyas Iyer has been performing for the team and he needs to bring his top game today.
- Kagiso Rabada: The leading wicket-taker in the tournament. Kagiso Rabada is the match-winner and he needs to perform well against red hot MI to strengthen their chances for the playoffs.
DC Team Form
After winning seven matches in nine attempts, Delhi has lost three matches on the trot. The team is somewhat struggling at the moment. Their opening combination is struggling, they have issues in their middle order. There is a big question who’ll open the batting; Prithvi Shaw or Ajinkya Rahane. If DC win today, they’ll certainly qualify for the playoffs but if they lost, then things will become quite tricky for them.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
1. Shikhar Dhawan, .2 Prithvi Shaw/Ajinkya Rahane, 3. Shreyas Iyer (capt), 4. Rishabh Pant (wk), 5. Shimron Hetmyer, 6. Marcus Stoinis, 7. Tushar Deshpande, 8. Axar Patel, 9. R Ashwin, 10. Kagiso Rabada, 11. Anrich Nortje
Mumbai Indians Team News & Playing 11
MI Team News
Mumbai Indians are the most comfortable team right now among all the teams, as they have already qualified for the playoffs and they’ll surely end their group stage in the top two. The team has been doing exceptionally well. With 16 points and eight wins to their name, MI will further want to win their remaining couple of matches to carry the winning momentum to the playoffs.
Their opening combination is going great. Despite not having Rohit Sharma in the team, the players are doing a fine job. Quinton de Kock has found his new partner, Ishan Kishan who is having his best IPL season. Suryakumar Yadav has just won his second man of the match award. The standing captain, Kieron Pollard is doing the explosive job along with the Pandya brothers. And their bowlers are doing well under the leadership of Trent Boult and Jasprit Bumrah.
MI Key Players
- Ishan Kishan: Performing at the top along with Quinton de Kock, Ishan Kishan might be the go-to man for today’s game. Fitting in for Rohit Sharma, the left-hander has performed well at the top.
- Hardik Pandya: Not getting enough opportunities to score runs because your main batsmen are doing the job for you. Hardik Pandya might come in handy in finishing the score in the end.
- Rahul Chahar: The leg-spinner can turn the game for Mumbai. With 14 wickets to his name, Rahul Chahar might be the go-to man in today’s game.
MI Team Form
Mumbai Indians are in top form. Their players; batsmen and bowlers are doing just perfectly as the tournament is now in its ending phase. A win in their last match against RCB was just a complete performance and they’ll be stick to the same playing XI to carry the winning momentum to the playoffs.
Mumbai Indians Predicted Playing 11
1. Ishan Kishan, 2. Quinton de Kock (wk), 3. Suryakumar Yadav, 4. Saurabh Tiwary, 5. Hardik Pandya, 6. Kieron Pollard (capt), 7. Krunal Pandya, 8. James Pattinson, 9. Rahul Chahar, 10. Trent Boult, 11. Jasprit Bumrah