England vs Australia 1st T20 Match Prediction: The 1st match of the 3-match T20I series between England and Australia will be played at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.
England Team News & Playing 11
England Team News
England are back to closer to full strength for this series, with their test players available again. Ben Stokes is absent because of family reasons and Jason Roy is injured but Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran and Mark Wood are all back in the squad. Joe Root has been left out.
England Key Players
- Eoin Morgan: Hit two half-centuries in the series win against South Africa and the England captain hit another against Pakistan last week.
- Tom Banton: Scored 71, 20 and 46 in the series against Pakistan and, with Jason Roy absent, this is another big chance at the top of the order.
- Jofra Archer: After a long absence from white ball cricket, he will be looking to get straight back to the form that brought 121 T20 wickets in 92 innings in the format.
England Team Form
After coming from behind to beat both New Zealand and South Africa in their two previous series, England’s first T20i series of the summer ended in a 1-1 draw with Pakistan. England chased 196 to win the first game, thanks to an excellent partnership between Eoin Morgan and Dawid Malan. They could not repeat that five-wicket win in the third match, however – the first was rained off – when they posted 185/8 in reply to Pakistan’s 190/4.
England Predicted Playing 11
Jonny Bairstow (wk), Tom Banton, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan (c), Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Australia Team News & Playing 11
Australia Team News
Australia have a large squad of 21 at their disposal for this series, with the headlines including Glenn Maxwell’s return to the international fray. Nathan Lyon gave the selectors some food for thought with his four wickets in the most recent warm-up game, but Ashton Agar and Adam Zampa will take some shifting from the spin-bowling position.
Australia Key Players
- Aaron Finch: The big-hitting opener and white-ball captain hit a half-century in his most recent T20 international and in three of his last five international innings in total.
- Glenn Maxwell: The big-hitting batsman and off-spinning bowling option’s return to the international team is a big boost after he took time off due to mental health issues. In T20i cricket, he bats, he fields and he bowls to a high standard. He has a T20i strike rate if 160.
- Adam Zampa: Level with Ashton Agar in third in the T20i world bowling rankings, he not only takes plenty but he does so at an excellent economy rate.
Australia Predicted Playing 11
David Warner, Adam Finch (c), Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa
England vs Australia 1st T20 Match Prediction Cricket Betting Tips – PrePlay
Who will win the toss? – England
Who will win? – England
Top Batsman (Runs Scored) – Eoin Morgan (England), Steve Smith (Australia)
Top Bowler (Wickets taken) – Chris Jordan (England), Mitchell Starc (Australia)
Most Sixes – Jonny Bairstow (England), Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
Man of the Match – Eoin Morgan
Team Scores Batting first – England 200+, Australia 195+
Match Handicap England