England vs Pakistan 1st T20 Match Prediction: The 1st T20I match of the Pakistan tour of England 2020 will be played between England and Pakistan at the Old Trafford – Manchester, England
England Team News & Playing 11
England Team News
None of England’s test squad has been selected for the T20i series, so key T20 players like Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer, and Ben Stokes are absent. Jason Roy will miss the series through injury, which could mean a big opportunity for Dawid Malan to cement his place in the team.
England Key Players
- Eoin Morgan: The captain hit 106 in his most recent innings for England and hit two half-centuries in their last T20i series against South Africa. He is absolutely key with the bat.
- Dawid Malan: Despite averaging 52 with a strike rate of 153.77 in T20i cricket, he is yet to cement his place. Having hit a first-class double-century before linking up with the England squad, this is a big chance to cement his place in this team.
- Chris Jordan: A popular player on the T20 circuit, he has 206 T20 wickets to his name in 187 innings and was most recently at the Pakistan Super League in March.
England Team Form
England came from behind to beat New Zealand and South Africa in each of their last two series. They sealed a 3-2 victory against the former with a super-over win in the decisive fifth test, while they beat the Proteas 2-1 most recently. They sealed victory in the latter when Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow and Eoin Morgan all hit half-centuries to reach 226/5 in 19.1 overs in a five-wicket victory.
England Predicted Playing 11
Jonny Bairstow (wk), Dawid Malan, Tom Banton, Eoin Morgan (c), Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Tom Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Saqib Mahmood
Pakistan Team News & Playing 11
Pakistan Team News
Veterans Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez join the squad for the T20i matches, with Pakistan opting for a blend of youth and experience. Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah and Mohammad Hasnain are at the other end of the age and experience spectrum.
Pakistan Key Players
- Babar Azam: The captain averages 50.72 in T20i cricket, sits number one in the world rankings and starred in English conditions in the Vitality Blast last season to prove his batting quality.
- Shoaib Malik: Earned his return to the Pakistan set-up with some excellent form in T20 franchise cricket. He continued that in the Pakistan Super League back in March, hitting three half-centuries in his last four innings.
- Mohammad Amir: Turned his back on red-ball cricket to pursue ambitions in the shorter format and he has a great record. His next wicket will be his 200th in T20 cricket, in his 162nd appearance.
Pakistan Team Form
After five consecutive defeats – three against Sri Lanka and two against Australia – Pakistan got back to winning ways against Bangladesh at the start of the year. They chased 142 to win the first match by five wickets before Mohammad Hafeez (67*) and Babar Azam (66*) led a chase of 137 in a nine-wicket win in their most recent game.
Pakistan Predicted Playing 11
Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Muhammad Hasnain
England vs Pakistan 1st T20 Match Prediction Cricket Betting Tips – PrePlay
Who will win the toss? – England
Who will win? – Pakistan
Top Batsman (Runs Scored) – Eoin Morgan (England), Babar Azam (Pakistan)
Top Bowler (Wickets taken) – David Willey (England), Shadab Khan (Pakistan)
Most Sixes – Jonny Bairstow (England), Iftikhar Ahmed (Pakistan)
Man of the Match –
Team Scores Batting first – England 180+, Pakistan 160+
Match Handicap Pakistan