Match Prediction: The 8th match of the Caribbean Premier League 2020 will be played between Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs at the Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba in Trinidad.
Guyana Amazon Warriors Team News & Playing 11
Guyana Team News
Guyana Amazon Warriors were rewarded for their faith last time out, sticking with the same XI that lost the opening game. After bouncing back with a dominant win, the Warriors could be unchanged again this time around.
Guyana Key Players
- Imran Tahir: So consistent in this tournament, he took 2-40 in the opening game and then 2-18 last time out.
- Shimron Hetmyer: Fresh from West Indies’ tour of England, the batsman has hammered 63* and 71 in his two innings so far.
- Keemo Paul: Hit 15* and took 1-21 in the opening game but then excelled with the ball with 4-19 last time out.
Guyana Team Form
Guyana Amazon Warriors started with a defeat to Trinbago Knight Riders, despite Shimron Hetmyer hitting 63* in a total of 144/5 from 17 overs. After their four-wicket defeat, however, Keemo Paul took 4-19 as they restricted St Kitts & Nevis Patriots to 127/8 before Hetmyer’s 71 helped them to a three-wicket win.
Guyana Amazon Warriors Predicted Playing 11
Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Ross Taylor, Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Green (c), Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Imran Tahir, Naveen-ul-Haq
Jamaica Tallawahs Team News & Playing 11
Jamaica Team News
Veerasammy Permaul took two wickets in the first game but did not play last time out. Ramaal Lewis was expensive but Fidel Edwards bowled well. Edwards may start again but Permaul could return this time.
Jamaica Key Players
- Glenn Phillips: Picked up where he left off in this tournament, hitting 44 from 29 balls in her first game before scoring 58 from 42 balls last time out.
- Andre Russell: Yet to get back to his big-hitting best with the bat but he has been excellent in recent years and, with a platform behind him, the all-rounder could kick on now.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman: Took 2-25 from his four overs in the first match, and then 1-13 from his four overs to prove why he is so revered as a T20 bowler.
Jamaica Team Form
Jamaica Tallawahs chased 159 to win their opening game of Caribbean Premier League 2020 against St Lucia Zouks by five wickets – Glenn Phillips and Asif Ali hit 44 and 47* respectively. In the second game, however, they lost to Trinbago Knight Riders. Phillips hit another 58 runs in a total of 135/8 but they lost by seven wickets with 11 balls to spare. That was despite some excellent bowling by Fidel Edwards (1-19) and Mujeeb Ur Rahman (1-13) too.
Jamaica Tallawahs Predicted Playing 11
Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton, Nicholas Kirton, Asif Ali, Andre Russell, Rovman Powell (c), Carlos Brathwaite, Veerasammy Permaul, Fidel Edwards, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Sandeep Lamichhane
Guyana Amazon Warriors – Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Ross Taylor, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Green (c), Romario Shepherd, Keemo Paul, Naveen-ul-Haq, Imran Tahir
Jamaica Tallawahs – Glenn Phillips, Chadwick Walton (wk), Nicholas Kirton, Rovman Powell (c), Asif Ali, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Veerasammy Permaul, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Oshane Thomas
Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions* – PrePlay
Who will win the toss? – Guyana Amazon Warriors
Who will win? – Guyana Amazon Warriors
Top Batsman (Runs Scored) – Shimron Hetmyer (Guyana Amazon Warriors), Glenn Phillips (Jamaica Tallawahs)
Top Bowler (Wickets taken) – Imran Tahir (Guyana Amazon Warriors), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Jamaica Tallawahs)
Most Sixes – Shimron Hetmyer (Guyana Amazon Warriors), Asif Ali (Jamaica Tallawahs)
Man of the Match – Shimron Hetmyer
Team Scores Batting first – Guyana Amazon Warriors 180+, Jamaica Tallawahs 165+
Match Handicap Guyana Amazon Warriors