CSK vs KXIP Prediction and Betting Tips, IPL 2020
The last set of matches will now start and still we are left with three teams to qualify for the playoffs stage. Chennai Super Kings are just playing for the pride and they are ready to spoil the party for Kings XI Punjab. The season is ended for them and they are trying a few other options on how they can work for the next season. Ruturaj Gaikwad has been in top form winning to back-to-back man of the match awards. However, it will be last match for Raina-less CSK who’ll be the less pressured team to enter the match. They’ve already hurt the playoffs chances of RCB and KKR and they are ready to do the same with KXIP.
Kings XI Punjab on the other hand will definitely need the win to stay alive in the race of the playoffs. They are currently fifth on the table and a win will give them 14 points, that will be tied with some other teams. So, they must need to win it with some margin because their net run-rate is on the poorer side. A loss, however, will end their IPL 2020 campaign.
CSK vs KXIP Toss Prediction
Abu Dhabi pitch. Win the toss and elected to field first is the suitable option. Although there will be no dew factor this time since it is a day game but still easy to chase on Abu Dhabi pitch.
Hot and dry weather will be ready to welcome the players.
Rajasthan Royals have chased 185 in the last match at Abu Dhabi. The pitch will be pretty much the same and another high scoring thrilling encounter is expected.
Chennai Super Kings Team News & Playing 11
CSK Team News
Chennai Super Kings are out of the competition but they are ready to spoil the party for KXIP. They have already hurt RCB and KKR by winning against both of them and are on a two-match winning streak, first time CSK had won two back-to-back matches this season. The team is now playing well since the rotation of Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis. Both of the have played alternately last two game and most probably du Plessis will be getting the final game of the season.
Their new opening batsman and young talent and probably future aspect, Ruturaj Gaikwad has been in good form. Scoring back-to-back half-centuries in previous two games and not to mention the winning of man of the match awards. Ravindra Jadeja has been striking the ball nicely and providing the finishing touches to the innings with his aggressive batting. Sam Curran has been in wicket-taking form and is the leading wicket-taker for CSK. The rest of the players are doing the support role to the team.
CSK Key Players
- Ruturaj Gaikwad: A future aspect at the opening position. Scored back-to-back half-centuries, Gaikwad is the key player for CSK at the top.
- Ravindra Jadeja: The finisher this season for CSK. Ravindra Jadeja has been striking the ball cleanly and he’s doing a Dhoni-role this season.
- Sam Curran: The leading wicket-taker for CSK. Sam Curran has performed with the bat and with the ball and he remains the dominant force for CSK.
CSK Team Form
CSK team are on a two-match winning streak. Playing good cricket for the last couple of games, the team looks to spoil the KXIP party. Bowlers have been doing the job, batsmen are scoring runs which the team lacked in the whole season. Bowling attack led by Deepak Chahar and Sam Curran and batting department led by Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis is going to be tough for the opposition.
Chennai Super Kings Predicted Playing 11
1. Ruturaj Gaikwad, 2. Shane Watson/Faf du Plessis, 3. Ambati Rayudu, 4. MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 5. N Jagadeesan, 6. Ravindra Jadeja, 7. Sam Curran, 8. Mitchell Santner, 9. Deepak Chahar, 10. Karn Sharma, 11. Lungi Ngidi
Kings XI Punjab Team News & Playing 11
KXIP Team News
KXIP will be the pressured team of the two. They lost their previous match against Rajasthan Royals thanks to the brilliance of Ben Stokes. A match in which Chris Gayle struck 99 and furiously threw his bat in anger after getting dismissed. The team has been doing well. Before the loss, the team was on a five-match winning streak and could have made six in six, but Ben Stokes was the difference.
The players have been performing well now. The opening combination got some jolt since Mayank Agarwal has injured. Mandeep Singh has tried to fill up the spot but not as successfully as Agarwal. Chris Gayle has been doing a wonderful job since his return. Nicholas Pooran is striking the ball nicely and Glenn Maxwell needs to do something big in the last group match. The bowling attack is well led by Mohammed Shami and skillful bowling of Chris Jordan and Ravi Bishnoi completes the list.
KXIP Key Players
- KL Rahul: The leading run-scorer of the tournament needs to score big runs one more time in order to secure the place in the playoffs. He is definitely the key player for KXIP.
- Chris Gayle: Scored 99 in the previous game and can take the game away from the opposition at any time. Chris Gayle is your go-to man.
- Mohammed Shami: The leader of the bowling attack has to lead from the front when it matters most. He can dent the opposition with his opening fast spell.
KXIP Team Form
Kings XI Punjab have been in good form. Before the last match loss, they were on a five-match winning streak and has really been in match-winning form. Despite the loss in the last match, which Rahul pointed towards the dew factor, the team can beat CSK and go all the way to the playoffs.
Kings XI Punjab Predicted Playing 11
1. Mayank Agarwal/Mandeep Singh, 2. KL Rahul (capt, wk), 3. Chris Gayle, 4. Nicholas Pooran, 5. Glenn Maxwell, 6. Deepak Hooda, 7. Chris Jordan, 8. M Ashwin, 9. Mohammed Shami, 10. Ravi Bishnoi, 11. Arshdeep Singh