RR vs DC T20 Match Prediction, IPL 2021
Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals IPL T20 Match Prediction: Delhi Capitals will be looking to make it two wins out of two when they line up against Rajasthan Royals. Led by Rishabh Pant, Delhi Capitals saw off Chennai Super Kings by 7 wickets with 8 balls remaining. Rajasthan Royals went down by 4 runs against Punjab Kings in spite of a 63-ball 119 from Sanju Samson in his debut IPL game at Wankhede Stadium and will get underway at 19:30 local time.
Rajasthan Royals came bottom of the table in IPL 13 and their chances of improving this season have been dealt a blow with the news that Ben Stokes is likely to miss the rest of the campaign with a broken finger. Samson’s century stood out not only for the lack of any other significant runs from his teammates but also by hitting 19 boundaries from 63 balls. Chetan Sakariya stood out with the ball, taking 3-31.
Delhi Capitals’ victory over CSK displayed all the confidence and swagger that you would expect from a team led by Rishabh Pant. Obviously there is still a long way to go in this campaign but they currently look like a good bet to finally break their duck and record their first IPL title.
RR vs DC T20 Match Live streaming
TV channels: The match can be watched live on Star Sports in India, Sky Cricket in the UK and Willow TV in the USA
Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals Match Toss Prediction
Each and every captain so far in the tournament has chosen to field after winning the toss. We expect this to continue in this game.
There were 438 runs in the last game at the Wankhede Stadium, an increase of 60 runs from the first game at the same venue. Expect the batsmen to enjoy themselves again.
There will be no clouds around and a temperature in the high 20s during the game.
Rajasthan Royals Team News & Playing 11
RR Team News
Ben Stokes is a huge loss and it will be very interesting to see who they select to replace him and if it will require a reshuffle of the batting order. After also losing Jofra Archer before the season began, they are far from full strength at this point.
RR Key Players
- Jos Buttler – England’s wicketkeeper looked in good form with a 13-ball 25 before falling victim to an expertly executed slower ball yorker from Jhye Richardson. Without Stokes, the pressure increases on Buttler.
- Sanju Samson – After averaging only 28.84 over 14 IPL games last year, the new captain is suddenly the form batsman for Rajasthan Royals after his impressive century against Punjab Kings in IPL 2021. There is also the option to move him to the top of the order and have him as wicketkeeper, opener and skipper.
- Chetan Sakariya – The left-arm bowler had an impressive IPL debut on Monday taking the wickets of KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal and Jhye Richardson. His economy rate was the best of all the bowlers who sent down 4 overs.
RR Team Form
Rajasthan Royals need to get their season moving at the earliest opportunity but everything is seeming to go against them at the moment. If Sanju Samson can keep up his hitting from the first game then they will have a chance!
Rajasthan Royals Predicted Playing 11
Manan Vohra, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c) (wk), Shivam Dube, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Liam Livingstone, Chris Morris, Shreyas Gopal, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman
Delhi Capitals Team News & Playing 11
DC Team News
Bowlers Chris Woakes and Avesh Khan bowled brilliantly against CSK and their options will be boosted by Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje ending their isolation period. However, it was their batsmen who proved to be the real difference with Shaw and Dhawan leading the way before captain Rishabh Pant completed the task.
DC Key Players
- Shikhar Dhawan – The left-handed international opener averaged 44.14 in last year’s IPL and looks set to build on that in this year’s competition after his player of the match 85 in the first game. If he and Shaw can produce another century opening partnership then they will be unstoppable.
- Rishabh Pant – CSK knew they were in trouble when Rishabh Pant was still eagerly waiting to bat at the start of the 14th over. He actually batted with restraint in the first game but don’t expect this to be his new modus operandi.
- Chris Woakes – England’s all-rounder hadn’t played a game since last August but returned with impressive figures of 2-18 from 3 overs. Understated and at times underrated, he will also deliver with the bat during this tournament.
DC Team Form
After finishing 3rd in 2019 and 2nd in 2020, Delhi Capitals would surely have become IPL champions by now if it weren’t for Mumbai Indians. They are a consistent team and looked very strong against CSK.
Delhi Capitals Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (c) (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Chris Woakes, Kagiso Rabada, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan
Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals Team Form in Last Five Matches
RR : L L W W L
DC : W L W L W
RR vs DC Head to Head
The teams have been very closely matched with both sides winning 11 times against the other
RR vs DC Head to Head Stats in IPL T20
|Matches Played||RR Won||DC Won||Tie||No Result|
Delhi Capitals are the strong favourites to make it two wins out of two in this year’s tournament.
Who will win RR vs DC IPL T20 Match?
Runs are expected from the big name batsmen on both sides in Jos Buttler and Shikhar Dhawan
RR vs DC Top Team Batsmen
We are backing Buttler, Samson and Linvingstone with the bat for Rajasthan Royals. Jos Buttler performs for England when his back is against the wall and the Royals now need the same from him.
For Delhi Capitals, we are backing Dhawan, Stoinis and Rahane. They have an embarrassment of riches in the batting department and Rajasthan’s bowlers must beware.
RR vs DC Top Team Bowlers
We are backing Morris, Sakariya and Rahman to trouble the Delhi Capitals batsmen. Sakariya has a tough act to repeat his debut figures and take out big name batsmen.
For Delhi Capitals, we have gone with the returning Rabada, Woakes and Ashwin. Rabada won the Purple Cap in last year’s tournament with 30 wickets in 17 games.
Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals Prediction
We wait to see how Rajasthan Royals will line-up without their star all-rounder Ben Stokes. His absence increases the pressure on the experienced trio of Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson and Chris Morris who are all more than capable of playing a starring role. However, there was something about the way Delhi Capitals carried themselves in their first game, and now they have the Purple Cap holder available as well. We can’t see anything other than a Delhi Capitals win.
RR vs DC Dream 11 Prediction
- Wicket-keeperJos Buttler (9.5), Sanju Samson (9.5) and Rishabh Pant (9.5) will be our wicketkeepers. Samson starred in the first game but a starring role from Buttler or Pant will not be far away.
- BatsmenShikhar Dhawan (10), Prithvi Shaw (9) and Liam Livingstone (8.5) are our batsmen. Dhawan and Shaw batted like they were the only players in the Delhi Capitals team and weren’t far off completing the job themselves.
- All-roundersWe’ve selected Chris Morris (9) and Marcus Stoinis (9) as our all-rounders. Both had relatively quiet opening games but we are backing them to bounce back in this fixture.
- BowlersKagiso Rabada (9), Mustafizur Rahman (8.5) and Chetan Sakariya (8) make up our bowling attack. We expect Rabada to enter this year’s IPL with a bang.
- Captain/Vice-captainShikhar Dhawan will be our captain, Sanju Samson his deputy.
RR vs DC Dream 11 Team Prediction
- Batsmen: Shikhar Dhawan (c), Prithvi Shaw, Liam Livingstone
- All Rounder: Chris Morris, Marcus Stoinis
- Wicket Keeper:Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (vc), Rishabh Pant
- Bowler:Kagiso Rabada, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya